Smallholding Scotland organises the Scottish Smallholder Festival, which is held on the last Saturday in September at Lanark Agricultural Centre (odd years) and The Forfar Mart (even years).
The Festival suppports the organisation’s aims to promote and support the sustainable stewardship and the purposeful use of smallholdings by
- providing access to reliable, relevant and comprehensive information for smallholders.
- signposting training, education and skills development opportunities provided by reputable sources
- supporting the sustainable local food sector
- promoting smallholding and its positive contribution to local communities.
- identifying and developing diversification and entrepreneurship opportunities for smallholdings.
Full details about the Festival can be found on its website